Friday, November 6, 2009

Beginning Vancouver's Next Chapter

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

3:15pm, Firstenburg Community Center


On Wednesday, please join me as I officially accept victory in this Mayor's race and discuss plans to move forward once I assume office on January 1, 2010.

This is an important time for Vancouver, and I am honored and humbled by the outpouring of support I have received. Royce Pollard has been an important part of Vancouver's progress through the last two decades, and I am very happy that he will continue to be involved in and engaged with our community.

At Mr. Pollard's Friday press conference conceding the race, the incumbent Mayor expressed his intention to ensure a smooth transition.

I share this goal with Mr. Pollard.

My transition team and I will be working diligently for the next two months, and conversations with Mr. Pollard will be a part of that if he is willing. And, as he said at his press conference, he will be Mayor through the very end of December. I have no intention of stepping on his toes.

At Wednesday's press conference, I will discuss my plans for the new administration, including:

-City Council meetings that occur throughout the city,
-Quarterly Mayoral town halls,
-A thoroughly vetted and streamlined city budget,
-Reviewing city permits and fees to help local businesses to be more successful, and
-A continued fight against tolls on the I-5 bridge while also fostering better communication between project stakeholders.

Please join us at the Firstenburg Center on Wednesday. Now is when the real work begins, and I look forward to working with and serving you in the exciting time ahead!

No comments: